Wednesday, June 16, 2010

More Juice, Please

So, things have been a bit slow here - okay, downright like a snail blazing a trail through high-fructose corn syrup - and so to keep motivation up, and maximize my down time, I've been educating myself on social networking. Those of you on Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, ActiveRain, and LinkedIn might know what I'm talking about. And then, according to the kajillion video instruction guides I've watched and read, you're supposed to cross reference them all in the name of "Google Juice."

So who say's an old dog can't learn new tricks??? I'm jumping, I'm rolling over, I'm begging for bones...well, buyers and sellers, anyway.

My big problem is, I like to do hands on my own sites simultaneously as I'm watching their online instructions. It helps re-enforce that 20% that commits to permanent memory, or as permanent as memory can be when you thrive on many things going on at once. Thank God for lists - but that's another subject.

Anyway, so I get about half way through the instructions and then, go off on my own. Sort of like putting together your own loft bed, or trampoline, or bicycle...so I'm pre-warning you, I'm certain there's a few screws loose out there in my social networks. Desperation will probably send me back to tidy up loose ends, but right now, I'm taking the wild leap and running on momentum.

I run across a few jokes, and great photographs from my fellow net-workers out there in social media land - so here's one to share:

Two Irish hunters got a pilot to fly them to Canada to hunt moose. They managed to bag 6. As they were loading the plane to return, the pilot said the plane could take only 4 moose.
The two lads objected strongly. "Last year we shot six. The pilot let us take them all and he had the same plane as yours."
Reluctantly, the pilot gave in and all six were loaded. However, even on full power, the little plane couldn't handle the load and went down. Somehow, surrounded by the moose bodies, Paddy and Mick survived the crash.
After climbing out of the wreckage, Paddy asked Mick, "Any idea where we are?"
Mick replied, "I think we're pretty close to where we crashed last year."

Have a great week!

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner